Monday, June 14, 2010

lucky me.

it is my first day of my summer job and I couldn't ask for a better opportunity nannying some really great kids.

Reasons for my optimism:
  • My best friend is the babysitter of people down the street, and the kids are friends. Lucky me.
  • The kids are not picky eaters. I just made one a big salad with carrots and grape tomatoes and balsamic vinagrette dressing. The other isn't a big meat eater, but makes up for it with her undying love for black beans. Amen for not picky kids!
  • I am so blessed to have a job right now. Some people who have gone to college and beyond don't have jobs right now. Lucky me.
  • Every morning I get here early about an hour before the kids wake up. This forces me to be awake in a silent house. Coming from someone who, this past year, got five minutes of alone time every three weeks. I am so excited for a daily devotional and time spent with the Lord.
Couldn't think of a complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment