Tuesday, January 4, 2011

tentanda via est.

Have you ever heard the expression that rules are only made to be broken? Is that how our resolutions work too? New Year's Resolutions are made to be broken?

Well if you think about it, the only people you've ever heard say this belief about rules were, in fact, rulebreakers themselves.

It is possible to stick to your resolutions, and I have faith that you can do it.

Some make the argument that resolutions are stupid because we should constantly be bettering ourselves. Why just once a year? I suppose I agree with that, I'm always a proponent of self melioration. If we weren't I'd say we were wasting our lives. The point of our resolutions, however, is to have a designated time where we can sit down and make a conscious effort to make ourselves better people.

It is okay if we don't become perfect people, I promise. What is far worse than this whole missing out on perfection thing is not even attempting a change at all. Wayne Gretzky, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."


tentanda via est the road must be tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment